About Mickleton Gardening Club
Can you tell a weed from a worthy plant?
Have a budding interest in gardening?
Or do you really know your onions?
We would love you to join us!
We meet on the third Wednesday of the month at King George's Hall in Mickleton (GL55 6SD).
Doors open at 7pm for refreshments, a chance to
meet and chat with other members, buy plants and raffle tickets.
You are welcome to arrive earlier if you'd like to help set up the hall!
Talks begin at 7.30pm - approximately one hour - we're usually finished by 9pm.
Non-members and guests are welcome for £3. Occasionally £5 for high profile speakers.
Membership is £15 for the whole year, and comes with considerable benefits:
* Free entry to monthly meetings with quality speakers on a variety of horticultural topics.
* Free light refreshments on club nights.
* Special membership discounts at a variety of local garden centres including:
Batsford Arboretum Plant Centre, Blenheim Nursery and Cafe, Evesham Blue Diamond Garden Centre,
Hidcote Plant Centre, Station Garden Nursery and TOPS in Mickleton.
* Opportunity to win one of the astonishing range of trophies at the Annual Summer Show in August.
Non-members are only eligible for one trophy.
Classes include garden produce - fruit and veg - plants, flowers, baking, preserves, art and handicrafts.
* Garden visits with private tours for a small extra fee.
* Opportunities to buy plants and win raffle prizes at club meetings.
* Open Gardens (19 June 2024) - a chance to visit members' gardens in Mickleton
Always impressive and an opportunity to glean ideas.
We are very community minded, so we maintain the planters throughout the village on behalf of the Parish Council, and participate in other events like the Coronation celebrations as well as having close affiliations with Mickleton Young Gardeners, Mickleton Community Vineyard and Little Oak Vineyard.
And sometimes we surprise members with special events like the recording of two editions of BBC Gardeners Question Time. (One of our 2023 highlights!)
And we have plenty of events in store for 2024!
The club is led by a small vibrant team of volunteers who form the Committee.
We welcome anyone who would like to join the club and
step up to help the committee organise events and activities. This is great fun!
And we've done this since the club was established in 1980!
Treasurer & Membership Secretary